Saturday 15 May 2010

Testing the Dragons



Today I met up with an old client from The Ice Factor (I took him ice climbing) who I had bumped into in Keswick earlier in the week. The skies were looking pretty grey and wet all day so we held off until the afternoon then headed to Shepards Crag. We had a nice new set of Dragon cams to test out. The did get a good testing too! We started on Little Chamonix (VD) as Dean had never done it, he fell off on the lead on the first pitch and landed on a cam, it held! (Test number 1 complete). He was fine and we topped out by swapping leads. I then really wanted to do the Bludgeon (E1 5b) so Dean set off on the first pitch and then I took the second. Unfortunately Dean was unable to second through the crux so he pulled on the cams I'd placed (test number 2 complete!), he finally got to the top. Dean was super pumped so we had to head home. A wicked route though!!

No comments: