Friday 25 April 2014

Loch Tollaidh Crags

Murdoch having to take his time on Balding Oldie (E6 6b)
Having just got back from the Alps and spent some time with my family, my next port of call was to meet up with Murdoch in the NW for a few days climbing.  Last year we took 5 days out and Murdoch totally 'beasted' me.  On the first day we climbed 3 multi pitch E5's which kinda broke me for the rest of the week.  I swore to myself I wouldn't let this happen on this trip.  So our first day we went to Loch Tollaidh Crag near Gairloch.  It was a great day as I got to lead 4 routes and Murdoch just got the one.  Ok his was a worthy E6 called Balding Oldie but my haul of In the Pink (HVS 5b), Buena Vista (E2 5b), Water Lily (E2 5c) and Strip-teaser (E4 5c) made for a really good day and not a bad effort after spending months on skis and wading around deep snow,  The weather was perfect, vegetation low, nie climbing and I had energy to make a reasonable dinner that night!  Cant wait to get back there.

No comments: