Friday 18 June 2010

Scorcher!!

I'm not sure what the temperature was today but it was boiling! I met up with Cal this morning and we had a last minute change of plan and headed up to Sergeant Crag Slabs in Borrowdale. I have wanted to get up to this crag for a while and see what all the hype was about. I wasn't disappointed. Cal led up Lakeland Cragsman (HVS 5a) for a warm up. I then led up Aphasia (E2 5b) which is a great slab climb on small pockets and cracks and then Cal led up Holly Tree Crack (E1 5b). By this point it was very warm and I think I was a little burnt so we were thinking about going for another swim. We decided against this and walked over to Bleak How and climbed Bleak How Buttress (E2 5c) which is an amazing route. A quality 3 star challenge. A great day cragging finished with a disappointing football result. After sun lotion is required now!!