Tuesday 22 June 2010

Solo trip day 1

Yesterday I drove down to Wales for a little recce mission. Today was an early start and I headed up to the East Face of Tryfan. I started off on Gashed Crag (VD) which was a great route, topped out and thought I had the mountain to myself, I didn't, a girl asked if I could help her and her boyfriend down who seemed a bit crag-fast! I wanted to do another route so I suggested we go down North/little Gully so we end up at the bottom of the crag again. So after helping them down I set of on Grooved Arete (HVD), again another great route. This time after topping out I headed down the North Ridge and ended up at Milestone Buttress. I climbed Direct Route (VD), Pulpit Route (VD) and Rowan Route (D). After this I headed back to the car for some lunch. Then I walked up to Idwal Slabs and climbed The Ordinary Route (D) and then Hope (VD). As it was such a hot day I had to go for a swim in the Llyn Idwal (mountain lake) which was incredibly refreshing! Finished the day off with some bouldering at the Cromlech Boulders.