Saturday 25 February 2012

Soggy on Ben Nevis

Today I was working for Abacus Mountain Guides and I took Jason and Willie up into the very misty Ben Nevis. Not being able to see any routes or if any teams ahead of us, we scooted around to the Cold Climbs classic of Comb Gully (IV,4). On arrival I saw John in there belaying, I'm not really a fan of climbing below people but I knew John wouldn't hang around and be at the top before we had a chance to say 'don't knock anything down'. Im pretty sure we didn't hit the freezing level today as it was always pretty wet, the route was good, a few patches developing but generally ok. Gaz took his team on Creag Coire na Ciste taking a variety of icy lines. Tim and Keith climbed Big Wednesday. Camera stayed dry today and didn't make an outing.

No comments: