Saturday 31 March 2012

Auchinstarry Quarry

Today is the big day Graham is going to propose to Anna, so the best thing for us to do to keep calm is go climbing. So the nearest place to where we were staying was the mighty Auchinstarry Quarry. So Graham, Lee and I headed to butty van to get started and then jumped on Promontory Direct (HVS 5a) which is a great, clean-ish route with good gear. Graham made quick work of this. The I led up Knock Back (E1 5b) which would be great if you had a dust mask and goggle's! Maybe keep away from this face for a while! We then headed over to the Main Amphitheatre and climber Cracked ArĂȘte (VS 4c) and then over to trundle slab to climb Walk on the Wild Side (HVS 5a), Trundle (VS 4c) and finished on the Gold Bug (E3 5c). A great little crag with some surprisingly good routes. If I'm in the area I would pay a visit again and tick off some of the harder routes. No photo's today I'm afraid!

No comments: