Tuesday 17 April 2012

Out on Skye





Today I was out observing Mike Lates from Skye Guides as he knows the Cullin like the back of his hand. Ever since I did the ridge traverse I have really wanted to climb and guide on the ridge. On arrival to the Island last night, I was met by a heavy rainfall, not a great transition from yesterdays rock climbing, however this was falling as snow on the tops. With crampons in the bag Mike, Chris , Craig and myself headed up into Coire Lagan and made our way up onto An Stac screes and then headed south to Sgurr Mhic Choinnich – MacKenzie's peak (famous Guide). The plan was to go onto Sgurr Alasdair – Alexanders peak (Nicholson) however with the snow, progress was slow so we headed back down. We backtracked our route which brought us back to the An Stac screes for a speedy descent back down into Coire Lagan.

No comments: