Saturday 20 July 2013

Beinn Eighe Day 1

Finally arrived at the lochain
Fortunatly the weather is holding so we decided to cash in on the fantastic mountain cragging Scotland has to offer.  Blair, Nona and I went to Beinn Eighe for a two day trip.  I have only every climbed here in winter, climbing on two of the Triple Buttresses, East Buttress and Central Buttress.  As we had a long walk-in from our night in the Ling Hut, we opted for a route on Eastern Ramparts.  Blair has done most routes so we went for the 2 star routes he hasnt done, firstly Pale Rider (E1 5b) and then Paleface Wall (E3 5c).  After these I headed into my bivi bag where I had the most unpleasant night in the mountains ever!  With a combination of midges and heat!

2nd pitch of Pale Rider

Blair ....smiling!  

No comments: