Sunday 4 May 2014

Back to work

Blimey...ok, I have had a good few weeks both overseas and here in the UK.  It has been lovely weather and I've been out with great company.  The 8 hours of persistent rain didn't bring down my spirit though.  In fact I quite enjoyed it.  It was warm but wet and Colin was fantastic company who shared my love for the rain too!  We had a cracking day on Skye by completing a traverse of the Northern 3 Munros; Sgurr nan Gillean, Am Basteir and Bruach na Frithe.  Now considering every nook and cranny was soaked we made good progress and were off the hill no later than an 8 hour round trip.  There are still large patches of snow which we had to cross which is mainly soft and easy to negotiate with stiff boots, a pole and with relevant experience as we did, otherwise crampons would be very, very useful and will give the inexperienced and nervous plenty of confidence.  Didn't dare take my camera out today...far too wet.

No comments: