Friday 2 May 2014

Glen Nevis

An opportunity to snatch a day rock climbing before I start the next 'mega' stint of work was too good to miss.  The forecast was dry and clear.  What I didn't expect was the cold...it was freezing...must keep moving!  I had 3 climbing partners today, all only available to do a few hours throughout the day.  Kenny and I started off on Vincent (E3 5c) which I led as Kenny has done it a few times before.  The Ewan joined us and I led Diode (E2 5c), Kenny then made a dash for home so Ewan and I climbed Slatehead Slab (E2 5c) which was good but a little dirty...not much traffic for a while I think.  We then went to Blacks Crag and I tried the bold Land Ahoy (E3 5b) but got scared with the lack of gear so traversed onto Shergar (HVS) and finished up that.  Ewans time to leave now so I met up with Graham for a quick burn on The Web (E2 5c) and then over to After Crag and Graham led Rubberface (E1 5b)...or some choss to the right of it...So all in all a great day, Last year I hardly climbed here and wish I had more time to climb all the routes.  Off to Skye now for a month, hopefully it will be sunny and I'll take some pictures!

No comments: