Monday 5 May 2014

Simpsons on Skye

After yesterdays thorough soaking I managed to get everything dry and I met up with the Simpson trio of father Alan and two sons Jules and Andrew.  I’m pretty sure Alan is my eldest client to date weighing in at a super fit 70 years old.  I hope I am that fit when I’m 70!  So to celebrate Alan turning 70 he wanted to do a full ridge traverse with his two son’s coming along to be sherpa’s.  After spending a wee while dissecting various weather forecast it became apparent that a traverse wasn't on the cards.  Today we went for a shake down day to see how the group fair up on wet rock and high winds.  We went up onto the midsection via An Dorus and onto Sgurr a’ Mhadaidh and over to Sgurr a’ Ghreadaidh which was living up to its name ‘peak of the thrashing winds’.

Sgurr na Banachdich was an option but in today's conditions it would have been very draining for the group and we didn't want to over do it on the first day.  No photo’s today as my camera isn't waterproof and I didn't want to risk it!

No comments: