Friday 9 May 2008

Borrowdale, Lake District






Today we headed down to Shepard's Crag for a little stretch out. I led up Kransic Crack Direct (HVS 5a) and Dan seconded me up with great speed. We then climbed The Grasp (E1) which had quite a pokey crux but finished up on good holds. The burn started to kick in a little. We then headed over to Finale (HVS++!) and I set off up on the lead, fairly psyched, but I just got too pumped so I had to come down. Dan flew up the route, finished it off and we retrieved all the gear. It felt like I had just been for a 5 hour bouldering session!! It was very warm all day and also quite humid. Just as we returned to the ground the clouds fell in and a summer shower fell so we decided to call it a day. I'm driving down to North Wales tonight and spending a week climbing in as many different areas as possible.

No comments: