Sunday 6 May 2012

Pass of Ballater take 2


After an early start, Ben and I had a few hours to do a spot of climbing before I had to get back over to Fort William. We started of on a VS called ..... which turned out to be a total sandbag. Ben took a belay half way up and I took over and ended up halfway up a blank slab with snow falling, no gear and feet slipping, I retreated down to a tree, we rapped off and the realised that I had wandered onto an E1 slab! A little bit frustrated that I backed off this I went and led up (E1) which I abbed off the top and stripped the gear as Ben wanted to give it a shot too. Still annoyed with my weakness, I wanted to climb Anger and Lust (E2 5c) which was fantastic, a tricky route with a great finale at the top. I was very pleased to get to the top without falling off. The hardest part was abbing down the route and over the overhang to strip the gear! A great couple of hours of climbing despite finding out that I am weak!

No comments: