Friday 1 June 2012

Fairhead










I have just been in Northern Ireland for a week rock climbing on the coast. I was here lastyear and because it was so good, I was keen to come back. This year I was teamed up with Tim Neil which meant that I would be going home very tired indeed! After arriving on the ferry we had a long drive up to Fairhead but we went to the crag straight away. I started off on the brilliant two pitch Titanic (E2 5c) which I did in one 60m pitch then Tim led Thunder Road (E3 5c) after a recommendation (sandbag) by a local (the skin on the back of Tims hands never really recovered). The following day we climbed Candy Kisses (E4 6a), Halloween (E4 6a) and The Brasser (E2 5c), all three star routes but very different from one another. The following day we climbed Blade Runner (E3 5c) and Track of the Cat (E4 6a) followed by The Hustler (E3 5c), Salango (E3 5c), Dark Forces (E4 6a), Marconi Arete (E4 5c), Embankment (E2 5c), GBH (E3 5c), Aoife (E1 5b) and Waist Deep in Alligators (E4 6a) the following 4 days. We were in a group of 13 and between us we had made over 150 ascents, cumulating over 300 stars and getting close to 800 E points between us. It obvious to say that the weather was rather good!

No comments: