Wednesday 7 November 2012

Ben Nevis walk



Today was not a day for walking up mountains but that is exactly what we did.  Bin, Soo and I set off from the Ben Nevis Inn in driving winds and rain.  I think it was quite clear that we weren't going to get up to the top but I kept my fingers crossed and we pressed on!  Bin travelled over from Malaysia to meet up with his sister Soo and they travelled up for a day to walk up Ben Nevis.  So after several hours getting battered by wind and rain, I uncrossed my fingers and we agreed this wasn't the best day to attempt this.  If we had pressed on  it would have been a very very long and unpleasant day.  The snow had receded alot.  When I walked down on Monday, Alan and I kept our crampons on until we crossed the Red Burn.  Today we only encountered a couple of soft snow patches.

On another note, there is a write up on Simon Richardsons brilliant blog of the new route Deliverance I did on Skye.

No comments: