Friday 30 November 2012

Sidewinder

Looks pretty good eh?

Guy (not me) doing the little (VI,6) corner

nice little finish

Happy to be at the belay

Abseiling off the route (2 abbs, 1st 60m, 2nd 30m)
Today I was back on Ben Nevis but today the walk in was easy, all I had was a flask and a sandwich.  I stashed all my gear there yesterday.  So Donald, Mike, Guy (another Guy) and I all got geared up and made our plans.  Mike and Donald went and climbed Lost The Place (V,5) and Guy and I went and climbed Sidewinder (VII,8) on Trident Buttress.  It was a fantastic route with some brilliant, absorbing climbing and some fantastic moves on the crux.  Sidewinder joins Strident Edge at the top, which I did the other day so I did a slightly different variation to keep the climbing independent and new, it was a great 55m pitch.  Conditions are still great for hard mixed climbing.  Darth Vader (VII,7) got climbed again and another route also which I'm not going to say as I fancy it tomorrow....

No comments: