Sunday 7 April 2013

Keep on winter climbing but that is enough for me!

Once again the winter season has come to an end for me.  This has been my best winter ever!  A combination of fantastic conditions, lots of psyched climbing partners, very willing clients and great employers has meant I have completed 82 winter climbs and had over 100 days out.  I just want to say thank you to all my employers for the winter - Martin Moran, Glenmore Lodge, Abacus Mountain Guides, Skye Guides and Tarmachan Mountaineering.  A massive thankyou to all my clients both new and old, especially those who were keen to explore new places and climb routes I'd never done before.  Seeking out new routes is one of the highlights of my work.  Most of all I would like to thank all the climbing partners that came out with me on my days off - Kenny Grant, Murdoch Jamieson, Donald King, Blair Fyffe, Keith Ball, Martin Moran, Al Halewood, Mike Lates, Craig Mackay, John Orr, Guy Buckingham and Ewan Rodgers.  These days I shall remember for a long time.

So I'm going to take a little bit of time off and go skiing and climbing in the Alps.  All this winter fitness will need to be put to good use.  I'll update blog this now and again but I'm not promising anything!  I hope everyone enjoys the rest of the winter and has a great spring.  Get outside, stay healthy and smile!  See you all soon!

No comments: