Tuesday 11 September 2012

The Camel

Another quick drive away from the rain saw Kenny and I standing below this fantastic conglomerate crag. I have been here on a previous visit and climbed the classic Stone of Destiny (6c+) and it was a great place for us to warm up on.  I led up placing the clips and remembered how much fun it was.  I then went onto lead up Inverarnie Schwarzenegger (7a) on-sight which I was super pleased to get up without falling off.  After that we went onto the classic Paralysis by Analysis (7a+) which I fancied on-sighting but unfortunately I popped off near the top with my arms throbbing with lactic acid.  Its a fantastic route which is sustained and constantly overhanging.  Unfortunately the rain set in, this didnt affect the routes but affected the belayers moral so we agreed that we would bail.  More unfinished business to come back for.

No comments: