Monday 1 October 2012

North Buttress

West coast of Scotland in October...Can only mean one thing! Quiet mountains!  John and I booted and suited for a great day of suffering in the wild weather.  With the forecast I chose North Buttress on Buachaille Etive Mor, a route John hadn't done.  I haven't done this for years and a great route to do in the rain!  It rained all the way to the base of the chimneys, we geared up and magically it stopped raining (this allowed the waterfall running down the route to stop).  It stayed clear whilst we climbed and started again once we took or harnesses off.  On the tops we got battered by strong winds and rain so we beasted of to Coire an Tulich to get out of the wind.  A great day out and good to be back in the wind and rain after all this time.  This is great training for winter and made me realise I need some new waterproof trousers!

No comments: