Saturday 3 August 2013

Brin Rock

With the weather being horrendous on the west coast, I headed over to the sunny side of the country to meet up with Murdoch, Gaz and Andy for some sport climbing.  We went to Brin rock, a very exposed crag, where we were getting a blasting from the full force of the wind.  I warmed up on Captains of Crush (6c) which is a great little route and then made a speedy onsight of The One and Only (7a).  It had to be speedy as I only had 3 minutes to climb before a band of rain hit us.  I climbed through the crux quickly but got massively pumped but fortunately there was a good rest to use before the final moves and clipping the chain.  A really good steep route on fingery holds.  I then had a couple of goes on Pink Wall (7b) which is just amazing climbing.  Unfortunately I didn't get it but I think it will go in another trip.  Shame its so far away!  I finished off by climbing The One and Only again but was a bit pumped so had a brief rest on the way up.  Another new crag for me with more fantastic sport climbing! Here's a picture of me on The One and Only from Murdoch's camera.

No comments: