Tuesday 20 August 2013

Inaccessible Pinnacle

Another hit on the Inn Pinn today, quite a day to remember. Probably the worst conditions I have done it in but one of the most rewarding Pinn days. I was out with Anne and Catherine, both who put up with the almost constant precipitation and driving winds. With two days in the bank for the summit I wanted to try hard today as tomorrow was looking no better. Fortunately the wind didn't affect us as we climbed the East ridge. The wind seemed to be coming from the west which we were able to tuck out of where it mattered. Wind suits were not needed. Anne and Catherine were delighted to reach the top in such foul weather, I was more delighted once we had our feet back on the ground. Well done to both of them, unfortunately I didn't have a camera today.

No comments: